Friday, March 4, 2011

Update :)

Ciao tutti!
So unfortunately nothing too exciting has been happening this week :( I had a full week of classes and surprisingly got a lot of homework done for the next upcoming weeks! I'm proud to say that I made myself dinner EVERY night (except last night) and it was delicious.. I'm even starting to get creative and hopefully I'll pick up some new recipes! Last night I went out to my first "apertivo" with some of the Providence girls. The best way I can describe apertivo is like Dempsey's Happy Hour (Dad, you'll understand!). You go to the restaurant and order a drink, I'm not sure if you can get away with water or soda but I ordered white wine. Then you can eat off of their appetizer selection for free. It was about 7 euro, so you get a drink of your choosing and then all the appetizers you want! It was a pretty good deal and they had sweet potato fries- which I'm obsessed with, so I was happy :)


This was also the week of my newly, self-allocated budget. I'm currently allowing myself to spend UP TO 100 euro a week (on everything, including groceries and necessities) to ensure that I'm not completely broke when I get home in May. Also, to stop my incessant shopping in Italy, hah. So far, it's been going well, I haven't really spent that much on superfluous things and since I've been cooking for myself I saved a lot on meals! Hopefully, I can keep this up!


Hmm, what else? Two of my roommates are away for the weekend and Steph has her parents here so I've been riding solo a lot in the apartment. It's actually been kinda nice tho. I'm doing laundry and cleaning up, doing homework. I needed this time to unwind, relax and get organized. I might even go for a run if I feel energized (probably not). I think I'm going to stay in tonight. I went out the past three nights and I'm pretty tired from it, but who knows- I may end up meeting with Nat and Meg later on.


Hmm.. nothing else really to report. I can't believe I'm almost half way through the semester! I've been here for 40 days already and the week after next is MIDTERMS! I'm in shock, I feel like I just started classes! 


Well talk to you allll soon. GO ON SKYPE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment