Monday, January 31, 2011

1st day of classe!

So today was my first day of classes! I woke up around 11 am and relaxed around the apt for a bit. Then Rachel and I went grocery shopping and bought a hair straightener (finally). Then we made our way over to Corso Tintori for our first class : Chemistry and the Visual Arts! To be honest, I was so nervous about this class. 1- because it technically was my first as an international student, which is enough to make any American student shake but mostly 2- it's chemistry, and I am, have always been and always will be, the most inept science student ever. ANYWAYS we got to class in this beautiful building and met our teacher. He's from New Zealand, wears black and only black and will not respond to anything except Ted (aka Dr., Mr., etc). 
So we pretty much spent two and a half hours going over his syllabus. I know this sounds super boring, and it kinda was, but it definitely comforted my fear of taking a chem class and actually, surprisingly, made me excited for the class. Instead of focusing on balancing equations and concocting fizzy chemical mixtures, Ted will be teaching us the chemistry in art restoration, photography and photo development! We will also be going on four different museum trips (on Wednesday mornings) which I love!
After chem, I walked about three blocks to my Italian Intermediate class (eeeeek). The teacher walked in, she had to be about 25 years old and surprise, surprise, she does NOT speak english. Yep, the entire class will be held in Italian.. oh god. It wasn't too bad except for the girl who definitely already speaks Italian who answered a lot of questions that I struggled to understand. It's going to be an interesting class, that I'll probably end up taking pass/fail and hopefully come out fluent! We'll see... 

No comments:

Post a Comment