Friday, January 28, 2011

pizzzaa

Ciao Tutti!
So the wine bar I mentioned last night ended up being a no-go. We arrived at 7:48 PM and there was a line of 20-30 young Italians all waiting outside to get in. Soo we decided to save it for another time and plan on getting there MUCH earlier. 
Instead, we went to Yellow Bar on the end of our street to get pizza. I decided to pick a random pizza (since the menu was basically all in Italian and the only one I was familiar with was Margherita) and order it! I chose Pizza del'orolatano (or something similar to that) on a complete whim. 


IT WAS DELICIOUS. Mine is the one the tomatoes and argula! 


Even though we were stuffed after each finishing our own personal pizza, we decided tonight was the night to try our first gelato! So we went to GROM gelaterie and all ordered different flavors. I ordered the Pistachio which actually tasted like frozen, creamy pistachios (soo wonderful). We then came back to our apartment for some R&R since we were all so exhausted.


Rach and I started to look into planning some weekend excursions. So far we've planning on going Prague, Carnevale in Venice and Switzerland in February, Spain for spring break in March, Vienna, Salzberg and Croatia in April. We're hoping to plan a trip down to the Cinque Terre to go hiking but we haven't set a definite date yet.


Today, Rachel and I FINALLY went to the Ponte Vecchio to check out all the jewelry! We decided not to buy anything yet but just to pick out our favorites to keep in mind. I found these amazing gold pendants with colorful designs for about 150 euros that I think I may splurge on in my last few days here (depending on how much money I have left, haha). We also walked around and ending up finding H&M which was massive and wonderful! I got a nice winter jacket for only 20 euros and a sweater since our apt gets a bit chilly at night.
(here's a picture of the Ponte Vecchio bridge, famous for all the beautiful jewelry merchants all the way across)


Now, I'm just relaxing in the apt. Robin is in Florence and I just saw her on her way to the Ponte Vecchio. We're planning on getting lunch tomorrow and going out together tonight, so I'm very excited about that! Anyway, I'm about to head off on another walking tour but I'll update you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment