Sunday, January 30, 2011

leaning with the tower

So I just returned from Pisa, Italia! 
Rach and I in front of the tower!


We had a orientation field trip today that took us from Florence to the IKEA superstore and then to the town of Pisa (only about an hour away) to see the famous leaning tower! IKEA was exactly the same as the IKEA at home, so nothing really to report there. We spent about 10 mins walking around and then walked down the street to the Italian McDonald's to satisfy some American cravings. Surprisingly, the Italian Mickey D's is wicked nice. There was a completely separate section for McCafe that served espresso and a variety of pastries. I got a cheeseburger and fries and they all tasted exactly the same as home. There were some pretty funny things on the menu, but I was to unsure to order them.


After IKEA, we went straight to Pisa. I was a little disappointed, because it was so rainy and gloomy out but I think I took some good pictures. Then Rachel, Meg, Nathalie and I wandered around the street vendors and eventually made our way back to ANOTHER McDonald's where we just chilled until the bus left. Driving around, looking at all the scenery made me so excited to start my travels outside of Florence! 
Next week, Perugia and Azzizi and then Prague and Switzerland the two weekends after!


Well, nothing else to report right now. Classes start tomorrow! I have Chemistry and the Visual Arts tomorrow at 3:00 PM and then Italian from 6-7:15 PM. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment