Saturday, January 29, 2011

fare la spesa, arrivederci soldi!

Today was a very expensive day, my favorite kind of day of course! I woke up around 12:30 since Rachel, Meg, Nathalie & Ryann were out until 3:30 AM doing our own, makeshift pub crawl! (I tried my first Sangria and I LOVED it, I want to drink it everyday). So anyway, I woke up a little after noon and showered and got ready. Then Rachel and I decided we should book some trips.. so we consulted our tentative calendar, went on www.bus2alps.com and booked THREE trips!


As of now (we still plan on booking at least two more), we will be going to Prague on Fed 10th-13th and Switzerland on Feb 17th-20th! Then at the end of April we will be going on a beachy, sunshine-filled weekend trip to Croatia, which is supposed to be amazing and I've heard from multiple people that it's truly the up & coming, secret gem of Europe! So that was pretty expensive (even though we saved about 100 euros by using a promotional code and booking three trips at once), but so totally worth every penny. 


Then we met Meg and Nathalie at Pino's Panini Shop and ate the most delicious sandwiches ever. I ordered "The Beegs" which had proscuitto, salami, sundried tomatoes and yellow peppers all with a spicy hot sauce. O. M. G. AMAZING. Then we decided to hit up the saldis :) I needed a new pair of boots since I've been wearing the same pair everyday and they are slowly getting worn down. I found a nice black pair on saldi and got those. We then wandered around and ended up all going different directions. I re-found this boutique near my apt and purchased a brown, poofy, shiny jacket on saldi (they seem to be all the rage here) that I can definitely wear in Switzerland! I also found this local artisan and purchased some gifts for people back home (I'm keeping this one vague so no one will know what they're getting! ha ha). 


After my shopping I came home and attempted to do laundry but I couldn't figure out the Italian washing machine (I'm convinced it's broken but I'm probably just inept). Then Steph & Shira came home and we made our first, real Italian meal. Well, more like Shira made the meal and Steph and I helped/watched/did dishes. We made lasagna! So delicious! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sara,
    Thanks for the cool shout out for Bus2alps!
    Please feel free to use the code COOLBLOG
    for 10% off your next trip with B2A. If you have any questions drop us an email at info@bus2alps.com
    See you on the Bus!

    Bus2alps Team

    ReplyDelete